Terms & Conditions
Beat the Street terms and conditions
Please read the conditions for use within these Terms in full before playing Beat the Street to ensure that you play in a safe manner. You agree that you will abide by these conditions for use. Should you have any questions, please contact our helpdesk team.
Beat the Street is managed by Intelligent Health. The term 'Intelligent Health' or 'us', 'our' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Reading Enterprise Centre, University of Reading, Earley Gate, Whiteknights Road, Reading RG6 6BU. We are registered in the UK and our company registration number is 05760628.
- Beat the Street is a competition where players earn points, win prizes and discover more about their local area by walking, running and cycling. The term 'competition' refers to the Beat the Street game.
- The Beat the Street Helpdesk refers to emails and helpdesk tickets submitted by the Help? widget on the website.
- Beat Box - contactless card reader attached to street furniture across your area.
- Gems - digital icons that players can collect via their phone. This is an app-only feature.
- Beat the Street cards - contactless cards to hover against Beat Boxes to score points. The card needs to be registered online to join a team.
- Lucky Box- draws will take place throughout the game where a swipe on a Beat Box from a registered player will be awarded a prize.
- Cheating - driving between Beat Boxes, using e-scooters, swiping multiple cards per person (this refers to one person swiping multiple cards), or using someone else's card constitutes as cheating.
- Game page - each game has a dedicated game page that is named according to the area that the game is run. To find the game page for your area, select your area on the Beat the Street website.
Using the Beat the Street website
You agree to use the Beat the Street website for lawful purposes only, and must use it in a way that would not cause confusion for other web users, or in any way that may discredit Intelligent Health or infringe the company's intellectual property.
Unless otherwise noted, all content on the Beat the Street website, including artwork, screen shots, graphics, logos, downloads and other files, is the property of Intelligent Health and is protected by UK and international copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property laws.
You must not duplicate or sell any part of Beat the Street content. Players do not have property or other rights in any content on the website or publicity materials, including player names, branded themes or similar, subject to any limitations under any applicable law.
You agree that you will not use the services of the Beat the Street website in a way that breaches the conditions for use, or our intellectual property rights or trademark rights as outlined in these terms.
You must not create or develop products that are functionally similar to this website.
We update beatthestreet.me regularly and may amend or delete content without notice.
Warranty and limitation of liability
You agree to play Beat the Street at your own risk. Intelligent Health makes reasonable efforts to ensure that the content of this website is up-to-date and accurate, but we cannot accept responsibility for any inaccuracies, expectations as to quality or subsequent changes, omissions or errors.
Please read the conditions for use within these Terms in full before playing Beat the Street to ensure that you play in a safe manner. You agree that you will abide by the conditions for use outlined in these terms, including, but not limited to, the safety guidance regarding adhering to road safety and practicing caution in relation to your surroundings when playing Beat the Street.
Intelligent Health will not be held liable for any personal injury, trespass or damage to property from players; players agree to play in a sensible manner and respecting the rights and safety of other people as they would when carrying out any outdoor activities.
Limitation of liability
Intelligent Health accepts no liability for any loss or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, from any use of the information or material contained on this website.
Please report any issues that you discover with the website confidentially to the Beat the Street helpdesk (accessed by the Help? widget on the screen) directly so we can address them as quickly as possible.
Players agree that Intelligent Health can collect and use their data to help make communities more active and to improve our products or services.
For information on the data we collect when you play Beat the Street, the purpose for which this data is used, and with whom it may be shared, please see our privacy notice.
Conditions for use
- The Beat the Street game is available to players who live, work, go to school or visit the area in which a game is running. The areas where games are currently running, and the duration of each game, can be found on the Beat the Street website.
- You must register with Beat the Street to see your points and journeys completed, compete on the individual leaderboard, gain awards, join teams and also be eligible to win prizes.
- Children under the age of 13 cannot register without a registered adult (aged 18 years+) player who has parental authority. The parental authority should be a person who has the role of parent or guardian of the children that they register to their family group.
- In all instances where we may collect children’s data (anyone aged under 18 years) we will seek to obtain the consent of the holder of parental authority. When consenting on behalf of a child, this can only be done by an adult aged 18 years+ with parental responsibility. This consent can be withdrawn at any time.
- Only people, no animals or inanimate objects/beings, may play the game (using cards or the app).
- The competition will run from the dates stated on each game page of the Beat the Street website.
- The competition will start on 00.00am on the date stated on each game page.
- The competition will end at 19.00pm on the date stated on each game page.
- Players using the app must be aged over 13 years of age and should refer to the Beat the Street App Terms of Service and End User Licence, which can be found in the account settings section when you open the app.
- Players must swipe at least two Beat Boxes within an hour to gain 20 points. However, they must ensure that they do not visit these two Boxes in under a minute as this will not award points. For further information on this rule please see How to Play.
- You can only collect Gems if you are playing via the app or if playing with an app player as part of their family group. Gems are an app-only feature of the game and appear on an app-only leaderboard. Gems do not award points.
- To collect Gems as a card player, you need to connect your account to the app player's account i.e. a family account and swipe their card on the app player's phone when the app player collects a gem.
- You must be travelling with that player at the time of collection.
- Find out more about Gems in the FAQs section of the website.
- Prizes can only be sent to a valid UK address unless otherwise stated.
- To be eligible for the main prizes, a team needs to have 12 team members unless otherwise stated, before the game enters its final week. Any teams that are smaller than the specified minimum number of players, will not be eligible for the main prizes and will feature on a separate small teams leaderboard.
- Players will not be permitted to register their card or change teams in the final week of the game. If a player needs to change team in the last week of the game, they can email email@example.com and their request will be considered.
- Lucky Box Winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries from registered players. Winners will be contacted via email.
- If a player cheats (i.e. who swipe multiple cards, drive between Beat Boxes or registers fake accounts), Intelligent Health will take action that we deem appropriate to uphold the integrity of the game, which in some cases will include disqualification or wiping cards and points.
- The Beat the Street competition is open to employees or agencies of Intelligent Health and partners, their group company’s family members and anyone else connected to the prize draw. Such persons will be eligible to play the game and to win prizes however prize winners (including employees/spouse/children) will be required to donate prizes to a suitable nominated cause/person(s).
- In the unlikely event of the prize (or one or more constituent elements) not being available, Intelligent Health and partners reserve the right to provide a similar prize of equal or greater value.
- Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and (if applicable) not redeemable for cash.
- Occasionally Beat Boxes may be broken or vandalised. In the event of a box being down, we make a reasonable effort to fix or replace the Box as quickly as possible.
- Occasionally, where a Beat Box may be vandalised on multiple occasions or stocks of Beat Boxes are low due to damage on other Boxes, we may have to take the decision not to replace a Beat Box.
- In the event that a player misses out on points due to a Beat Box being broken, we unfortunately cannot add points retrospectively to a player's account.
- Intelligent Health and partners accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
- Intelligent Health and partners shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control.
- Players should be aware of their surroundings when playing Beat the Street. They should practice sensible road safety and caution. The game has similar risks as walking, scooting, cycling or playing outdoors.
- Players of Beat the Street should not go into any places where they are not permitted, or where there may be hazards or safety concerns, and exercise the same caution that they would do when travelling around their local area for any outdoor activity.
- Sometimes the accessibility or safety of an area can depend on the time of day or other factors such as a player's age or if they are playing unaccompanied.
- If a player spots a Beat Box in a location that they think is unsuitable for safety or other reasons, please report this to our helpdesk team via the Help? widget who will investigate the issue further. When selecting Beat Box locations, we always try to consider the potential impact on safety and carry out a risk assessment for each location. In the instance that a player reports a location as being unsuitable, we will carry out another review of that location accordingly.
- Gems have a 50 metre diameter so players should not have to travel anywhere that is inappropriate or unsafe to collect a Gem.
- Intelligent Health and partners accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering or participating in Beat the Street.
- Intelligent Health and partners reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this prize draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud).
- The decision of Intelligent Health and partners in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In light of the Coronavirus pandemic, Intelligent Health has put a number of safety measures into place to comply with government guidelines. In the event of increased government restrictions that disrupt gameplay, Intelligent Health will work with partners to ensure any new guidelines are met.
- This is our policy on adding points to an individual or team account. Unfortunately we cannot award points deemed to be lost from non functioning Beat Boxes. The only time players can earn points individually or for their team is for certain events or promotions run by Beat the Street. In these instances, the terms and conditions will be explained clearly and will not favour or discriminate any particular person, group or team. Any points that are added to an individual or team account will be at the discretion of Beat the Street.
You are responsible for ensuring that you keep your login and password for your account confidential.
How users can terminate accounts/registration
You can terminate your account at any time by contacting our Helpdesk via the Help widget on our website and requesting that they remove your account details. If you terminate your account, you can no longer take part in the competition or subsequently receive/be entered for any prizes.
If a player breaches the Terms, Intelligent Health may terminate, deactivate or suspend a player's account and disqualify them from taking part in the game.
Intelligent Health retains the right to update or modify this Terms and conditions at any time, so please check this page regularly. Your continued use of this website will deem that you accept these Terms.
Intelligent Health retains the right to modify the website for safety or other reasons and will update these Terms with any updates, although there may be some delay between updates to the website and the corresponding updates to the Terms. We will endeavour to update the Terms within a reasonable period of time to align with modifications to the website or game.
You find contact details for Intelligent Health on our contact page.
If you do not agree to the above Terms, you may not access or use the Beat the Street website. Please check these regularly. We may update and modify the Terms from time to time. Your continued use of the Service means that you have accepted those modifications.